Colored Denim for Fall...

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Colored denim is back for Fall and in a big way! This was a trend I didn't think would carry over but I am so happy it did.  It seems last year there were only a few colors I would consider putting in my closet but this Fall there's an array of colors to go with everything.   I like to think of colored denim as a great basic these days.  You can wear it with just about everything.  Here are some of my favorites. 

The first pair are from the Gap and are one of my favorite colors for the season.  It's called clear lake blue and they run $59.95- This is a perfect color to wear with a chunky jewel toned sweater or cardigan.  You could also do a creme button down shirt or long cardigan with nude pumps or tall brown boots.  Gap also has a wide array of colored cords that will be making their debut for Fall as well.

Gap Colored Denim in Clear Lake Blue

Next up are Paige Burgundy Denim.  Now, Paige is my favorite denim maker of all time.  The fit never fails me and the pockets are portioned perfectly in the back for my bum.  One of the "it" colors for Fall is Burgundy.  Now, when I first started seeing Burgundy all over the place I wasn't very impressed.  I couldn't really get on board with the color, but I've grown to really like the dark shade.  I like to think of it more as a neutral meaning you can wear with black, white, or gray.  You pay a little more for Paige, these are $189, but remember how good your bum will look. 

Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny Denim

And, of course Target has jumped on the bandwagon of colored denim.  I was there the other day and was quite surprised how many colors they had to chose from.  It was like a color wheel of denim.  These are the most reasonable at $22.99 and probably the investment that makes the most sense.  This way you can have an array of colors and depending on how long this trend lasts you wont' feel like you've broken the bank. 

I plan on wearing my colored denim with lots of sweaters, blazers, and flat for day, heel for night! The most important thing to remember is have fun with your color! What color will you be wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger